Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sorry!

Okay, so I know that it's been like 18 months, and I am SO sorry!!! Things just got crazy, and we were all busy and I forgot about the blog. I know that sounds terrible, but I really did forget.
So on to what happened the last 18 months or so. Or at least as far back as I can actually remember, which is probably this last summer. We went to Canada in June, drove across the country to get there. That was a really long trip, but it was worth it because we went to see Matt and Marta get married. We had fun too, even though we spent 6 days in the car, 3 up and 3 back.
Braxton did amazingly well in the car, not too much complaining. Though spending that long in the car in a diaper did throw off our potty training quite a bit. We're back on track with that though.
We saw a tornado, which was scary and I hope I never have to go through that again. We just need to not ever drive through Nebraska again. :)
We moved in September. We now live in Salt Lake instead of American Fork. It's really nice because we are 5 miles away from where Chris works, and it's great being back in the city. We enjoy having the pubilc transit and the variety of stores/restaurants etc that is around us.
We enrolled Braxton in gymboree class, which he loves, but he's coming up on his third birthday and they don't allow them to stay in the class after they turn 3. I'm not sure what I'm going to do there, I need to talk to his class leader next Monday.
We also enrolled him in preschool one day a week and he loves that too. The class he is in now has mostly older kids 4+ and it's been fine. He likes it, but I think that if we can switch him to Mondays, that would be best because the kids his age are in that class.
We're planning a party for him on the 3rd of December at the Living Planet Aquarium. He asked for a party with his friends and a cake this year, so we thought we'd better do it. He's SO excited for it! We had to go with the 3rd even though it's 2 weeks before his birthday because it's all they had open. It should be good though. We invited all his friends and a few family members.
For his birthday, we got him a new play kitchen, he's been asking for one, so we figured why not. My mom got him a really nice set of dishes/pots to go with it. Then for Christmas we got him a VTech Innotab, which is a tablet designed specifically for kids. We also got him a game to go with it. We're way excited to give it to him.

I think that's all the Braxton news.

As for Chris, he's doing well. He's still working at InContact and loving it. His team is doing all sorts of fun projects that I don't understand, but he seems excited about it. He's trying to get enrolled in a program for a Master's degree in physics, but so far, we're having a hard time. Turns out that Neumont is only nationally accredited, not regionally, so no schools here will accept his college degree as valid. Yeah, cause it's not like we paid a ton of money for it or anything. And he doesn't have a job using that degree...UGH!
We'll see how that turns out.

As for me, well, I'm just doing the same thing. Taking care of Braxton and the apartment. I enjoy taking him to gymboree class on Mondays and playing with him. But I really like dropping him off at preschool on Wednesdays and having a couple hours to myself. I'm not doing much other than that, just reading as usual and watching some tv shows. Hooray for Netflix and their instant streaming.

Well, I'm going to TRY to keep up with this. Hope I can manage it.

No comments:

Post a Comment